CCP Awards for Early Career Researchers
The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) at the
Institute of Molecular Genetics
of the Czech Academy of Sciences invites early career researchers to submit an
application for the CCP Award.
The awards aim to support outstanding young researchers using mouse models in their research. The awardees will be announced at the annual CCP Phenogenomics Conference 2019 (Vestec, 12 – 13 September 2019).
2019 Awards´ winners
Master and especially PhD students and early career researchers with maximum 3 years
of experience since completion of PhD prior to the date of the submission deadline
(period spent on maternity and parental leave is not included in this limit), working
for academic institutions and conducting independent/basic research, e.g. at
universities and research institutes.
Both Czech and international applicants are welcome (EU or non-EU).
- Scientific excellence of the project (relevance and quality of preliminary data, soundness of the project and research plans)
- Methodological importance and impact on the future CCP development
- Technical excellence
The applications will be subjected to a review process, which will start after the call is closed.
- All awardees will register and actively participate in the annual CCP Phenogenomics Conference (either in form of an oral or of a poster presentation).
- The awardees on 1st and 2nd place are obliged to submit a report on the use of the financial support and the results achieved within 3 months after the service is completed (max 2 pages).
- Publications resulting from work supported by this award have to contain an acknowledgement of CCP. This acknowledgement has to be also mentioned in public presentations (e.g. conference presentations, posters).
- There is no legal claim for this support/award.
- Applications have to be submitted via email: email@example.com.
- The complete application has to be submitted in a single email (max size of all attachments 5MB).
- The applicants will be informed about the results of the evaluation by 31 August 2019.
The application has to consists of:
- a structured CV including a list of publications,
- description of a research project (max 2 A4 pages),
- an abstract submitted for the CCP Phenogenomics Conference.
The deadline for submission is: 14 August 2019.
The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) provides expertise and services to the biomedical research community, which study the function of genes in biological processes and/or human disorders in vivo using mouse or rat models. CCP covers a full spectrum of genetic engineering services, strain cryopreservation and archiving services, advanced phenotyping services incl. imaging.